Chapter 12: Patterns of Heredity
and Human Genetics
Chapter 12 Outline (word doc).
Section 12.2 Resources:
- “How Sex Is Determined” animation.
Section 12.3 Resources:
- “What Are Blood Types?” tutorial.
- “Patterns of Heredity and Human Genetics” review.
- Online “Patterns of Heredity and Human Genetics” matching game.
- “World of Genetics” “Basic Principles of Genetics” crossword puzzle.
- “Genetics/Blood Types” crossword puzzle.
Links to go further:
- Genetics Web Labs: http://www2.edc.org/weblabs/WebLabDirectory1.html
- Several good heredity activities along with worksheets and videos: http://www.pbs.org/americanfieldguide/teachers/flowers/flowers_unit.html#2
- Using karyotypes to predict genetic disorder with animations: http://learn.genetics.utah.edu/units/disorders/karyotype/karyotypeinfo.cfm
- Slide show presentation–“The Gene . . . That Changed the World: http://shs.westport.k12.ct.us/mjvl/biology/genetics/gene_history_files/frame.htm
- Genetic diseases caused by chromosomal abnormalities with animations: http://learn.genetics.utah.edu/units/disorders/karyotype/